Tuesday, June 14, 2016




Dear Parents, Caregivers and Friends of St Mary’s School,

Over the last week I have attended a number of situations where the major discussion point was "what

attributes do we need to succeed in life?"

The answer that seems to keep coming back is discipline. Discipline takes many guises, but to achieve in life what we talk about is self-discipline.

The discipline to get up and to train on a frosty morning, the discipline not to buy the new pair of sports shoes because you want to have some savings, the discipline to study for an exam when all of your friends are going to a party.

People who have self discipline have it from an early age and they tend to have it for life.

Can discipline be taught? Absolutely! Can it be role-modelled ? Without a doubt.

When we think of the things that you never hear anyone say, they are: "I wish I hadn’t studied so hard"! Or "I wish that I hadn’t trained so hard."

It’s always the opposite—I wish I had studied harder or trained harder. This is self-discipline.

When you look at people who are successful, the young Stephen Adams getting up at six o’clock in the morning to train, they are always the harder worker. To work hard you must have self-discipline.

Have a great week

Mike Brosnahan






Rooms

No comments:

Post a Comment